Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chicken Pox


"Chicken Pox"...a word you do not hear that often. So imagine my surprise when I took Bennett to the Dr. thinking he had an ear infection and walked out with diagnosis of chicken pox. Bennett had a low grade fever on Sunday and he was really fussy. I had noticed a small rash (nothing like the picture) so just assumed he had a virus and it needed to run its course. Well Sunday night he woke up every hour, something he had never done. Then on Monday he was so needy that I decided it would be best that I took him in to make sure he didn't have an ear infection. By the time we got to the Dr., his bumps had doubled in amount and in size. Thankfully it seems that he has a mild case. The Dr. said that it looks like someone who has gotten the chicken pox vaccination or who previously had chicken pox. He has not had the vaccination yet because you do not get that until one. THANKFULLY his face is clear...just one tiny one on his chin. Today he seemed much happier and hopefully no more spots will appear. Here is a picture of his back. He has a lot in the diaper area (I figured I would spare him that picture) and several on his fingers and toes and then just a few more in random places.

No comments:

Post a Comment